Featured Post

almost gone

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

light

all at once the mirror showed me all
the pain and scars from a life
i had buried and bandaged
telling myself they were just fears

but then i washed up on shore
with a broken heart and no more tears
and there i sat day dreaming of a place
so far i could have imagined it

nothing near my life or fears
you broke my parts but the whole held together
i've put it all together somehow
yet the cracks show and sometimes ache

will it all come and haunt me again
or will i move ever so slowly towards light
a belief i lost in my own fate
no future or dream could have saved me then

but today is different, shiny too
a road i saw become firm and hard
the fog parted and the lights came on
i will walk away and meet my life...


-----------------
reena
Jan 5th 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment