Featured Post

almost gone

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Jungle

Jungle

The jungle, the jungle finds me everywhere. 
The jungle finds a way, its own road. 
Seeping through, melting out, tearing past 
whatever stands in its way. 
No passion, no compassion, no vengeance, no love could explain 
It moves because it must
Like gravity it pulls away
Like water it finds its way
No rocks, no walls, no pressure
Could stand strong in its wake
Like pain it must find air
I do hide it in this heart
Never giving it words or a face
But it comes screaming, tearing out 
Taking by storm one unsuspecting day
For the heart forgets and the mind may erase
But this body remembers every scar
Every cut, slight and bruise
And I run but the jungle finds me
Growing afoot to drown me 
Until I let the pain take me whole, some place far away...

Dec 25, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment