Featured Post

almost gone

Monday, March 6, 2017

restless

will you write me a poem some day?
maybe it will have the secrets i search
after all i only ask for your words
for they may somehow quench this thirst

maybe you won't be able to say
maybe it will still sing my song
maybe i already know what it claims
maybe yet somehow i'll get it all wrong

but whatever it is i promise myself
it will take me to a place i belong
it will ask all questions unasked
for a soul that searches answers unknown

perhaps you'll only write me a word or two
just tired of these persistent woes
parched souls ask for elixirs impossible
perhaps some chapters can never be closed

but write me a few words i can take with me
indulge me my wandering fantasy
only you have the words that can bring
those calming intervals for this restless soul

---
reena
3/6.17

No comments:

Post a Comment