Featured Post

almost gone

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

the sea

the sea may come looking for me
the waves lap up inviting
i am not ready now, will I ever be?
i walk inattentive even as it's beckoning

this sand, this shore where we belong
this short sweet life with my hand in yours
the waves make us laugh, the sun we soak
together we built our haven our home

i think this love the force it has
must echo endless in this universe
how can it not blanket my every being
even after it is all ashes and dust

every day i thank my stars above
confess my love, hold my heart to yours
treasures we collected on this life's shore
became our light for ever more

i know some day the sea will come
into the blue i'll just have to go
but until then you'll find me here
every force bows deep to your hold

------------------
love...reena
april 13th 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment