Featured Post

almost gone

Saturday, August 24, 2013

when she comes

sometimes she comes and perches on my shoulder
uninvited, demanding, screeching like a cloud
pushing my head down, making me hesitant on every move
making me hurt, easy to tears, inexplicable

unexpected this arrival, all her visits 
it's me and it is not really me
she comes and alights with no permission
she take me by storm, it is my invasion

i cover her, i push her, i try not to see her
i cannot even like her but i must forgive her 
all i feel is a helplessness, a loneliness i can't fathom
a breathless hold that's not mine but all mine

there is no reason for this but grief isn't fair
i am but an outcome of an existence that was given
perhaps i should embrace her and hold her as mine
and maybe if i hold tight i will stop her from hurting...


-reena
sometime 2013... i forget the date. she made me.

No comments:

Post a Comment