Featured Post

almost gone

Friday, March 8, 2013

wearing it on my sleeve

you expressed surprise at my candor
said to me i shouldn't express it so
i don't care because i feel it so
i know the hurt of an open heart
the ease of love and how deep it goes
but don't make me hold it in
for i'm nothing without this
all i have is here and yours to take
give me what you can, or nothing at all
yes it makes me naive and easy to hurt
so sure it's "better" if i hold it in
so sensible and sane, never off the rails
never tell you how i feel, or how much i feel
but then one day i simply walk away
just when you thought i was so easy to have
and yes i do, i can play that game too...
but then who would i be?

... not me.

___________________________________
--Reena


(based on a song i heard recently that brought back memories from a long, long time ago. This is why I say: Life is messy. Get dirty, be engaged, stay vulnerable...)

No comments:

Post a Comment